I wanted to give you an update on my list of goals that I posted about last September. It’s been almost a year since I set these goals for myself, and I had such high hopes of having it be my most productive year ever. But God had other plans on how I should spend my time! Between moving twice in one year, starting a new job, doing a master’s program, and trying to build a good community, the blog and my goals fell to the wayside. At times, I’ve felt guilty for not only slacking on the goals I set for myself, but also for letting my readers down with my inconsistency. But at the end of the day, I’m glad I made the decision to pour more into my marriage, my community, and my education. I won’t write posts for each of my goals, but I will update you on my progress here!
- Read six impactful books
- Calm, Cool, and Connected
- Finding God Through Poetry
- The Gifts of Imperfection
- H3 Leadership – I really enjoyed reading this book by Brad Lomenick on leadership; there were lots of practical takeaways.
- Managing Change – this one was a book I had to read for class, but I found it so interesting!
- Uninvited: Living loved when you feel less than, left out, and lonely – I’m currently reading this one and loving it so far!
- Work out once a week
- Week of Zumba
- This definitely did not happen, but I will say I’m slightly more active than I used to be due to our new fur baby Darcy! Isn’t she adorable??
- Spend twenty minutes of quiet time at least five days out of the week
- Do Not Worry
- I’m most disappointed that I didn’t keep up with this one, and it’s definitely a goal that I will keep working on. There are always things that can get in the way of spending time with God, but I just have to be disciplined and not let them. If you have any good devotional books that you would recommend, let me know! I just started reading one called Unexpected: Learning to love your unpredictable story, and I’ve really enjoyed it.
- Do one creative project a month
- Be more responsible with money – save more and give more
- While it’s still a struggle to save and give more, we have made some progress and are close to the savings goal we set for ourselves.
- Collect and organize Matt’s and my monthly letters (only about 7.5 year’s worth!)
- Another one I haven’t done yet but will definitely do at some point – hopefully before my next class starts.
- Explore the east coast
- Unplug for a week
- I think I just didn’t do this one because a) it’s scary and b) I never felt like I could really unplug between school and vacation. But it’s still something I would like to do in some capacity!
While I didn’t get to complete all my goals in a year, I still plan on pursuing them and blogging about them when I get the chance! Thank you in advance for your grace as I continue to determine how to best spend my time and energy and how that fits in with the blog.
On another note, I will be adding some different content to the blog that is a bit more personal rather than how-to, and I hope you guys enjoy it! So keep an eye out for my next post!